Nautic Offshore Pte Ltd has completed its service life extension programme on 12 platforms in the Arabian Sea for Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Limited, the National Oil Company of India.
- Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Limited, the National Oil Company of India
- Nautic Offshore Pte Ltd was the technical collaborator to Carlton Industrial Engineers and carried out the detail engineering design for underwater structural repair for IA platform
- Pre-Engineering Survey for IA platform.
- Design and Detail Engineering for IA platform.
- Supervision of Onshore Fabrication on IA clamps
- Supply of Grout Material
- Offshore Installation/Execution pump
- The requalification services included Project Management; Engineering Solutions; and Grouting Services i.e:
- The engineering team carried out the detail engineering design for underwater structural repair for the IA platform and developed the clamp design for strengthening of the X-brace joints.
- The grouted clamp is designed to avoid the clashing adjacent members, and at the same time provide sufficient encasement.
- The advantage of using a grouted clamp for this application is that it allows sufficient installation and construction tolerance.
- Installation of grouted clamps on X-brace joints at 2 locations on the IA platform.
- Structural strengthening of 22 members by way of infill grouting at 11 platforms.
- The repair and rejuvenation work was carried out on the ageing platforms in order to extend their service life for continued production and hence fully deplete the available reserves.
- By grouting with NaX™ UHPC materials, a process which requires no hot work and no interruption in production, the design life of the structures are in effect extended.