Nautec was engaged by Permaducto S.A. de C.V. to participate in a new structure installation; a four-legged Jacket named Balam TA2. The team used Nautec’s NaX® Q80-H High Performance Cementitious (HPC) grout to fix the platform to the seabed, at 55 meters of water depth, by performing infill grouting between the pile and the sleeve of the structure.
Scope of Work
- Preparation of grouting procedure and project documentation for grouting.
- Supply and delivery of NaX® Q80-H grout material and NaX® Binder lubrication mix.
- Provision of specialist offshore mixing, pumping equipment, tool container etc.
- Provision of grout hoses with 40% contingency, and other relevant installation equipment necessary for the grouting work using quick-connect inlets and outlets.
- Provision of offshore crew i.e. grouting supervisor/engineer and certified QC Technicians.
- Provision of all rigging equipment.
- Nautec supplied its proprietary NaX® Q80-H HPC grout and the grouting procedure for the installation of the Balam TA2 platform. Additionally, the team provided compressive testing results in a final close out report, as per client requirements.
- Balam TA2 is a 4-legged pile-sleeve platform with 4 skirt piles requiring a total calculated annular volume of 22m3 (44 material tons). The project consumed 52 tons HPC material for the grouted installation.
Challenges & Solutions
- During offshore operations, the team faced problems with failing grout seals at the bottom of the annulus. A work-around solution was found using a range of aggregates to temporarily block the annulus at the seal level which allowed the team to successfully finish the job without any operational downtime.
- The project presented significant challenges for the grouting team, but their expertise and perseverance led to a successful resolution, ensuring crew safety, and always keeping project objectives in mind. The teams’ excellent performance ensured the job was completed on time, exceeding client expectations.
- By using Nautec’s grout products and services, the client’s assets were enhanced and with results exceeding their requirements.
Click here to download the case history.