Nautec was engaged by Petronas via a local contractor to supply grout material, drilling system and grouting services for BEKOK-B Jacket leg grouting, a remote wellhead platform; full name BEKOK-BRAVO, at water depth of 70m in the PM-9 Field, Offshore Terengganu, West Malaysia. The team used Nautec’s NaX® Q110-E UHPC grout to repair two legs (B1 & B2) and hereby restore the structural integrity of the platform.
Scope of Work
- Preparation of the grouting procedure and supporting project documentation for grouting works.
- Supply and delivery of NaX® Q110-E grout material and lubrication mix.
- Provision of ten certified grouting personnel for 24-hour operations.
- Provision of grouting equipment including grout hoses, couplings, bespoke inlet assembly, drilling equipment, hydraulic power pack and drill bits.
- Provision of a QC testing mobile laboratory for 24 hour cube testing.
- Reporting and certificates of completion for grout filling.
- Nautec provided an engineered grouting solution for a complex problem and supplied its proprietary NaX® Q110-E UHPC grout; the required grouting equipment and crew for the repair and strengthening of 2 Jacket legs on Bekok-B WHP.
- Additionally, Nautec provided a certified QC testing mobile laboratory and the team carried out 24 hours post-grouting compressive strength testing.
- The grouting team demonstrated flexibility on the construction strategy when the actual site conditions were not congruent with what was initially planned.
- All deliverables were successfully achieved, and the narrow annulus was grouted fully from bottom to top with high strength grout.
- With Nautec’s permanent cold works solution the client benefitted from great cost savings, when compared to the annual construction and repair costs incurred by hot works.
- In addition, a cold works solution meant that the daily operations on the platform were not interrupted by the work being carried out by the grouting team.
- The structural integrity of the Jacket was restored mitigating risk of costly deferment, with the jacket holding a key delivery line to BLNG.
- NaX® Q110-E is a high performance grout that has been used for many jacket installations worldwide, including in North Oil Field and numerous Petronas fields. It is a fast curing grout that reaches a compressive strength of up to 55 MPa in 24 hours, but with flow retention properties that cater for grouting at elevated temperatures, which are often experienced in Malaysia.
Click here to download the case history.