Nautec was engaged by Constructora Subacuática Diavaz S.A. de C.V. to participate in the new additional structure installation i.e. adding a 6 clamps structure to existing platform Maloob B. The team used Nautec’s proprietary NaX® Q80-H high-performance grout to fix the structure to the existing platform at 64 meters water depth by performing infill grouting between the clamp and the legs of the structure.
Type of project:
Gulf of México
32 Mt of NaX® Q80-H
- Offshore contracting work
- Supply of materials, equipment and crew
- HPC Infill Grouting
Scope of Work
- Preparation of the grouting procedure and project documentation for grouting.
- Supply and delivery of NaX® Q80-H grout material and NaX® Binder lubrication mix.
- Provision of specially designed formwork, mixing, pumping equipment, tool container etc.
- Provision of grout hoses with 40% contingency, and other relevant installation equipment, necessary for the grouting work using quick connect inlets and outlets.
- Provision of offshore crew including grouting supervisor/engineer.
- Provision of all rigging equipment.
- Nautec supplied NaX® Q80-H grout material and carried out the grouting procedure for the installation of the additional structure to the Maloob B platform.
- Additionally, the team provided compressive testing results in accordance with client requirements.
- MALOOB-B is an old platform and the client’s objective was to install an additional structure to this platform to increase its footprint.
- The selected solution for fixing the structure was through infill grouting, which in Mexico, has only been applied once before.
- The objective was reached, and the client now has a superior product, which complies more than the required.
- All deliverables were achieved and the client was well satisfied with the results.
Click here to read the project case history.