Nautec was engaged by Permaducto S.A. de C.V. to participate in the new structure installation of ELM 26.
The team used Nautec’s NaX® Q80-H high performance cementitious (HPC) grout to fix the platform to the seabed at 22.5 meters water depth by performing infill grouting between the pile and the sleeve of the structure.
ELM 26 is a 4-legged pile-sleeve platform with a total calculated annular volume of 14.5m3 (32 material tons). The project consumed 36 tons in total.
Type of project:
Gulf of México
42 Mt of NaX® Q80-H
Permaducto S.A. de C.V. for Pemex
- Offshore Contracting Work
- Pile-Sleeve Grouting
- Jacket Installation
Scope of Work
- Preparation of the grouting procedure and project documentation for grouting.
- Supply and delivery of NaX® Q80-H HPC grout and NaX® Binder lubrication mix.
- Provision of specially designed formwork, mixing and pumping equipment, tool container.
- Provision of grout hoses with 40% contingency, and other relevant installation equipment necessary for the grouting work using quick connect inlets and outlets.
- Provision of offshore crew including grouting supervisor/engineer.
- Provision of all rigging equipment.
- Supply of NaX® Q80-H grout material and the grouting procedure for the installation of the ELM 26 platform.
- Provision of compressive testing results as per client requirement.
Challenges and Solutions
- The offshore team faced issues with failing bottom grout seals resulting in leaks.
- The problem was solved by using gravel to block the broken bottom seal before grouting and hereby retain the grout at the correct position.
- Due to excellent problem-solving skills and performance by the grouting team, the job was successfully completed.
- All deliverables were achieved and exceeded client expectations.
- The client was grateful for the successful and timely delivery.
Click here to read the project case history.