Type of project:
North Malay Basin, Offshore Kelantan, Malaysia
93 Mt NaX® Q80 High-Performance grout
HESS Exploration and Production Malaysia B.V.
Nautec was engaged by Sapura Offshore Sdn Bhd to perform Skirt Pile Grouting during the installation of three new Wellhead Platforms in the ‘North Malay Basin’ field for HESS Exploration and Production Malaysia B.V.
The team grouted 3 skirt piles for each 3-legged (tripod) Jacket, using Nautec’s NaX® Q80 High-Performance Cementitious (HPC) grout. The grout was pumped through flexible hoses to the grout inlet at 64 meters water depth.
- Grouting Installation Services
- Skirt Pile Grouting
- Jacket Installation
Scope of Work
The scope of work for the grouting program in summary:
- Preparation of the grouting procedure and supporting project documentation for grouting works.
- Supply and delivery of NaX® Q80 grout material and binder/lubrication mix.
- Provision of six certified grouting personnel for offshore operations.
- Provision of grouting equipment including grout hoses, couplings, nipples etc.
- Provision of a calibrated QC testing mobile laboratory.
Provision of final Close Out Report (COR) containing all relevant QA/QC documents, as follows:
- Onsite quality monitoring reports (amount of grout mixed and pumped, temperature, start and stop of grouting operation, total consumption of
- Daily reports comprising of information summarising the grouting work, progress and total consumption of grout.
- 1,3,7 and 21 days cube tests, performed in offshore mobile lab.
- 28 days cube test as well as any pending cube tests, which could not be done upon completion of Jacket installation, will be completed in third party certified lab.
- Certificates of completion for grout filling.
- Summary of material usage.
- Installation of three new Wellhead Platforms: Kangsar A (WKGA), Dahlia A (WDLA) & Teratai C (WTRC), each supported by a 3-legged
(tripod) Jacket; and each featuring 3 Skirt Piles.
- Unforeseen challenges were encountered during the grouting session, and solutions were provided by the experienced grouting team.
- The job was successfully completed, and all deliverables were achieved.
Click here to read the project case history.