In December 2021, we carried out Horizontal Member repair services for Larsen & Toubro Hydrocarbon Engineering Limited using Nautec’s proprietary NaX® Q140-E UHPC grout.
Scope of Work
- Engineering services
- Provision of manpower
- Equipment and consumables for the repair and rectification of damaged HM Jacket horizontal bracing for Heera Re-Development Phase III Project
- Analysis of damage
- Engineering and design of clamps
- Grout supply and grouting services
- QC checks
- Close out report
Challenges & Solutions
- The Member was broken and bent upward due to pulling impact
- The affected member was replaced with a new member using grouted clamp
- This was the first time a member was replaced by hinged grouted clamp technology at (-30.00) meter water depth, in Indian waters.
- All deliverables were achieved with high quality and customer acceptance.
- Grouted clamp technology is one of the best methods available for under water strengthening; it takes less diving and vessel time compared to other traditional repair solutions, which in effect significantly lowers the repair cost.
Click here to download the case history.