LAM-4 Production Platform is located South West of Lam Field, approximately 34 km from Cheleken Harbour. It was installed in 1971 with a deck area of approximately 1280m2. It consists of Production and Accommodation platforms. The production platforms are made up of 5 similar 16m x 8m jackets with drilled and grouted piles.
- To provide grouting services on Jacket Legs and diagonal members in order to ensure the safety and integrity of the platform for continued production operation.
- The five jacket modules are joined at their topside by a latticed Module Support Frame (MSF).
- All jackets consist of vertical legs and are similar in construction with 16m by 8m plan dimensions.
- The jacket containing two wells has a set of 4 nos 377mm x 11mm conductor support piles for each well, providing lateral supports for the conductor casings.
- The jackets are supported by drilled and grouted piles.
- A grouting spread set-up consisting of two 800L paddles pan Mixers, one Putzmeister TK40 concrete pump, one Putzmeister P13 concrete pump and a series of 3″ and 2″ flexible grout hoses were used for the grouting operation.
- A flexible 2″ hose connected with 2″ ball valve with a female camlock at the end of the hose was used for feeding grout down into the clamps.
- UHPC material can be used to upgrade the platform structure, enable the execution of the workover program and provide a safe working access area for any future work on the platform.
Click here to download the case history.