Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Limited (ONGC) is engaged in exploration and production activities in Mumbai High Field in the Arabian Sea.
The platforms installed at Mumbai High North, Mumbai High South and Heera Field have exceeded platform service life but are still producing. They need revamping to enable them to produce safely and successfully.
LEWPP-2 Tender included a big scope of subsea engineering and repair. Nautec collaborated with AFCONS, an EPC giant in India, for the Tender.
- Engineering services
- Offshore contracting
- Subsea structural strengthening
- Supply and provision of grout
- Annulus and member infill grouting services
- ONGC awarded the LEWP2 project to AFCONS JV and Nautec was awarded the contract to carry out the underwater structural repair and strengthening of 15 platforms.
- Pre-Engineering survey, Detail design engineering including Global In place analysis, pushover and fatigue analysis, FEA analysis, Fabrication and Installation supervision.
- Supply and provision of grout material, grouting facility, grouting crew, field engineers and offshore testing facility.
- Nautec was responsible for the entire scope of subsea repair and became a one point contact for the CLIENT. Nautec supervised other related vendors to CLIENT, such as fabricators, vessel and diving contractors, and in turn became responsible for the entire subsea scope of work.
- With experience of working with more than 40 similar platforms, in various fields of ONGC, Nautec has substantial understanding of ONGC’s old assets. This helped the CLIENT develop a cost effective solution. Nautec also worked with ONGC’s technical approval team from EIL to ensure all detail engineering was suitably approved by TPI.
- The underwater repair work has enhanced the service and production life of the offshore platforms by a considerable margin so that they can be used for more than their designed life without interrupting the production.
- Grouted clamp and infill members technology is cost effective and a successful method of strengthening and repair of offshore structures.
Click here to download the project case history.