In May 2018, the client required Nautec to propose suitable repair and strengthening of the platform for the purpose of plug and abandonment of the wells, whereby the conductors were to achieve a nominal pressure rating of 500psi.
- To carry out repair and strengthening to the badly corroded platform in order for well intervention work to be conducted safely.
- There was extensive corrosion on the platform structure and multiple leakages along the conductor.
- In addition, the conductor was parted near the spider deck level.
- Conduct structural inspection of the Libro Platform and obtain relevant data for structural evaluation of the platform.
- Perform detailed structural analyses and propose strengthening solutions adequate for the purpose of plug and abandonment of the wells.
- Supply and provision of grout material, grouting equipment and grouting crew.
Repair & Strengthening Solutions:
- Provision of 100mm UHPC sleeve using NaX® B190 for 10m of the conductor with vertical and circumferential rebars.
Well Integrity Solutions:
- Repair to restore pressure containment of 500psi.
Grouting Installation Services:
- Provision of infill grouting to one knee brace between cellar deck and top deck using NaX® Q140.
- The repair work was carried out using NaX® Q140 and B190, which are rapid strength development grouts, that offer shorter waiting time for the client to start loading the platform after grouting.
- It is cost saving for the Client with a reduced offshore time required to complete the P&A.
Click here to download the project case history.